Breaking long dependency chains

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Mon Mar 19 10:42:56 PDT 2012

On 03/19/2012 06:05 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> Rainer Müller had been working two years ago on a new consolidated documentation system based on asciidoc; this was dormant for awhile but Rainer seems to have picked it up again recently:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/log/branches/new-help-system

My main goal was to provide some better online help by writing
documentation for each command, what it does and how it is supposed to
be used.

Recently I updated this branch from trunk to see what did change. I am
still interested in getting somewhere with this. However, it's already
sitting around for a few years as either other stuff was more important
or I just was not in the mood to write documentation (coding is much
more fun ;-)).

The goal of this branch is also described here:
http://trac.macports.org/wiki/NewHelpSystem

Rainer