[90985] trunk/dports/science

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Mar 21 19:15:51 PDT 2012

On Mar 21, 2012, at 13:22, Leo Singer wrote:

> On Mar 21, 2012, at 12:08 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> I'd also still check whether adding a universal variant (i.e. by adding the line "variant universal {}" on a line before you invoke [get_canonical_archs]) works.
>
> Both that and
>
> universal_variant yes
>
> worked, but according to the MacPorts guide, 'yes' is the default for universal_variant.  Why wasn't a universal variant added by default?

"use_configure no" turns off the universal variant. (The default universal variant functions by modifying the environment variables and flags sent to a standard autoconf configure script; that can't work when you use "use_configure no" to tell MacPorts that this project does not use a standard autoconf configure script.)

Also, even if the default universal variant appears to be there, [get_canonical_archflags] does not recognize it and you still have to put "variant universal {}" above it. Good to know that "universal_variant yes" also works; that may be the preferable way to write it.