[92462] trunk/dports/databases

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue May 1 12:21:28 PDT 2012

On Apr 30, 2012, at 03:12, Vincent Habchi wrote:

>> For the same reason, this check should occur at pre-configure time, because at pre-fetch time, the dependencies have not necessarily been installed yet.
>
> I thought the dependencies were installed before the port was fetched. Thanks for pointing this out.
> I’ve made some changes in r92494/92495.

Fetch dependencies are installed before the fetch phase, but build and lib dependencies aren't necessarily installed until just before the configure phase.

>> Anyway, shelling out to "port installed" and "grep" is pretty messy; there are better ways to ask MacPorts to query its registry of installed ports.
>
> If you have some snippet to give me, I’ll take it with pleasure. I was totally unable to find anything about query MacPorts registry from within a Portfile…

It's not documented, and it's not something every port should be using, but when you need to know this information, then it's probably better to use the API than to run a shell.

I've fixed this in r92582, and made a few other adjustments to postgis2 in some earlier revisions.