Bug with binary ports? (tar: +CONTENTS: Not found in archive)

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Sun May 13 12:34:35 PDT 2012

Hi Jeremy,

On May 13, 2012, at 9:20 PM, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

>> What concerns automoc it looks like one would need to restore an older version of it to allow qt3 to run, but that's a whole new issue, I am afraid…
>
> Sounds like you just need to deactivate/activate the various dependency ports; what you have installed would not be possible without having to deactivate/activate the various QTs to build the ports as you installed things.
>
> Since needed libraries will be deactivated, it's likely be told things are "broken" again. You'll probably always have a mess unless you move all your QT3 things to build with QT4.

well, kmymoney 1.0.5 won't ever build with QT4…
Which is why there are kmymoney4(-devel) ports… :-)

What I would suggest - if other QT3-applications are around and still in use by more MacPorts users - is that we introduce an old automoc as automoc_qt3 or so, which then could support all the old qt3 apps, which are - at the moment - all broken.
What about that?

Greets,
Marko

P.S.: Unfortunately it is impossible to know whether and which QT3-apps are actually being installed these days by MacPorts users…