[MacPorts] #34617: make all ports independent of which version of Perl is installed or the major one

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Sun May 27 13:52:10 PDT 2012

On May 24, 2012, at 4:35 PM, MacPorts wrote:

> #34617: make all ports independent of which version of Perl is installed or the
> major one
> --------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
> Reporter:  macintosh@…               |       Owner:  macports-tickets@…
>     Type:  enhancement               |      Status:  new
> ports can be made independent of which version of Perl is installed or the
> major one by
> {{{
> 1) setting a portgroup:
>    PortGroup           perl5 1.0
> 2) change all hard-coded instances of perl5.12 and p5.12 to
>    perl${perl5.major} and p${perl5.major}
> }}}
> But as pointed out in #34461 by Ryan, there are tons of ports that are
> hard-coded this way.
>
> This mega-patch implements the above in all 104 affected ports
>
> Incidentially, it thus also invalidates #34461 & #34357
>
> This has been discussed on the dev-list starting with [[BR]]
> http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-dev/2012-May/019263.html

I have patched a clean prefix with patch-perl5.xx.diff and am in the process of building the effected ports.

About the patch-perl5.xx.diff patch, I removed the tabs and replaced them with the MacPorts preferred spaces.

Bjarne, you might adjust your bash script to use spaces in the event you want to produce a new diff.

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)