wxWidgets-devel / installing from binaries

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 28 06:04:44 PDT 2012

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 9:42 PM, Vincent Habchi wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> two different items.
>
> First, wxWidgets-devel. You’ll find in attachment two Portfiles, one for wxWidgets-devel and the other for py27-wxWidgets-devel that bumps the port to a recent SVN revision. Why is it interesting? Because this SVN version compiles with clang and builds universal:

Thanks for letting us know that they fixed the problem with clang.

In case that using SVN is not an option, I would also be grateful if
at least the relevant patches could be applied, so that wxWidgets and
ports relying on it could be built with clang. I'm attaching a patch
against current version of wxwidgets-devel that addresses building
with clang (but doesn't address py27-wxWidgets-devel yet).

This should probably go to trac (and I can/will put it there as well),
but since the discussion started here ...

The attached patch does the following:
- fixes the offset in the old configure
- enables building with clang
   http://trac.wxwidgets.org/changeset/71517
   http://trac.wxwidgets.org/changeset/71518
- removes (harmless) QuickTime warnings on x86_64
   http://trac.wxwidgets.org/changeset/71086

One point is left for the gurus (and might deserve a special thread):
I had to comment out
    macosx_deployment_target 10.6
because ./configure otherwise fails because of the following problem
    > /usr/bin/cpp -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk anyfile.c
    i686-apple-darwin11-llvm-gcc-4.2: c: No such file or directory

It might have to do with the fact that I didn't do a complete cleanup
of Xcode 4.2, but I didn't try to investigate any further (it might
mean a "broken" ./configure script in wxWidgets or a broken
configuration of Xcode on my end). I also have no idea why 10.6 is
there (that is: whether it was there because the code didn't compile
at all some time ago or because other programs depending on wxWidgets
would fail to compile or work otherwise).

Mojca