wxWidgets-devel / installing from binaries

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 28 06:22:12 PDT 2012

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 3:04 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 9:42 PM, Vincent Habchi wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> two different items.
>>
>> First, wxWidgets-devel. You’ll find in attachment two Portfiles, one for wxWidgets-devel and the other for py27-wxWidgets-devel that bumps the port to a recent SVN revision. Why is it interesting? Because this SVN version compiles with clang and builds universal:
>
> Thanks for letting us know that they fixed the problem with clang.
>
> In case that using SVN is not an option, I would also be grateful if
> at least the relevant patches could be applied, so that wxWidgets and
> ports relying on it could be built with clang. I'm attaching a patch
> against current version of wxwidgets-devel that addresses building
> with clang (but doesn't address py27-wxWidgets-devel yet).
>
> This should probably go to trac (and I can/will put it there as well),
> but since the discussion started here ...

I'm sorry, yes, it should have gone to trac instead since I
accidentally made a tiny error when diffing (forgot to exclude one
patchlevel) and the patch doesn't enable building +universal.

The first one is easy, the second one requires a bit more
investigation, but is most probably just a consequence of this
(../src/osx/core/bitmap.cpp:823:9: error: use of undeclared identifier
'KillPicture'):
    https://trac.macports.org/ticket/32329
and the fact that I removed 10.6 as I wasn't able to ./configure
wxWidgets with latest Xcode using SDK for 10.6.

Mojca