Apache httpd 2.4.x layout

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Mon May 28 11:23:50 PDT 2012

On May 28, 2012, at 10:47 AM, Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:

> Layout of conf files :
>
> I'm somewhat enamored by the Ubuntu layout of the conf structure, where
> they keep a conf-file for each module

And include the module.conf in httpd.conf?
That's what I do:
# Include upload_progress module
Include conf/extra/httpd-upload_progress.conf

How about a module variant "link" that simlinks conf/modules/module_name.conf to conf/modules-active/module_name.conf and use a wildcard include in httpd.conf:
Include conf/modules-active/*

Dovecot adds number prefixes to the conf name to control the order of loading. I believe some apache modules must be loaded after others.

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)