problem during android update -->> option to disable automatic port upgrade requested

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Mon May 28 14:23:55 PDT 2012

On May 28, 2012, at 11:14 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> Why is "all the data" gone? Are you saying that some of the files installed by and registered to the port are files the user modifies? If so, that is a bug in the port that must be fixed.
What I meant is that there was version 17 of android, installed by MacPorts.

The android manager updated itself and added/changed many files in its install directory.

Then I installed virtual machines with this version which were stored in the user's home directory.

Then the MacPorts update to version 18 was trying to install automagically, which left after uninstall of version 17 all the newly installed files in said java directory behind. That's why the install of 18 failed in the last phase.

My problem began when I realized that after wiping the java directory and finalizing the install of version 18 my virtual machines couldn't be accessed properly anymore…

But who knows, perhaps I am just missing something. Perhaps it's possible to resurrect them even if the android sdk gets upgraded.