problem during android update

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Mon May 28 14:36:08 PDT 2012

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 11:23:55PM +0200, Marko Käning wrote:
> The android manager updated itself and added/changed many files in its
> install directory.

That's a bug. Software managed by MacPorts should not be able to update
other than through MacPorts.

> Then I installed virtual machines with this version which were stored
> in the user's home directory.
>
> Then the MacPorts update to version 18 was trying to install
> automagically, which left after uninstall of version 17 all the newly
> installed files in said java directory behind. That's why the install
> of 18 failed in the last phase.

That doesn't explain why you couldn't just force-install over those
files.

> My problem began when I realized that after wiping the java directory
> and finalizing the install of version 18 my virtual machines couldn't
> be accessed properly anymore…

Now I don't get why this happens. If the Android SDK stores the list of
your virtual machines in a file managed by MacPorts that's a bug in the
port and should be fixed. If the Android SDK doesn't store the list of
VMs in a MacPorts-managed file I don't see why it should just work after
upgrading.

--
Clemens Lang