www portfiles - inconsistent settings

Bjarne D Mathiesen macintosh at mathiesen.info
Wed May 30 08:54:54 PDT 2012

Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
>> 2) defining doc-root/-path in-/out-side destroot
>>   should they be defined inside or outside ???
>>   I'm tending to outside because of what happens in phpmyadmin
>
> Everything used for installing files should be inside the ${destroot}. If it's a variable for setting the contents of the file then it likely should NOT reference ${destroot}.

_phpmyadmin_ has got this :
set docroot         ${destroot}${prefix}/www/${name}
set configfile      ${prefix}/www/${name}/config.inc.php
set configsample    ${prefix}/www/${name}/config.sample.inc.php
destroot {
    xinstall -d -m 0755 ${docroot}
    eval copy [glob ${worksrcpath}/*] ${docroot}
}

pre-activate {
    if {[file exists ${configfile}]} {
        notes-append "\n\nYour existing config file has not been
modified. You should manually compare the new sample config file with
your existing config file."
    }
}

post-activate {
    if {![file exists ${configfile}]} {
        xinstall -m 644 ${configsample} ${configfile}
    }
}

--
Bjarne D Mathiesen