www portfiles - inconsistent settings

Bjarne D Mathiesen macintosh at mathiesen.info
Wed May 30 09:17:42 PDT 2012

Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On May 30, 2012, at 10:44, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
>
>>> 3) we've got:
>>>      /www/${name}
>>>      /www/${name}/html
>>>      /www/data/${name}
>>>      /www/${name}/htdocs
>>>  these ought to brought in line.
>>>  My suggestion is : /www/${name}/html
>>
>> Sounds good to me: all ports' files are contained in their own directories, making it easy to alias them into Apache (or nginx or what have you).
>
> I tried to have this discussion some years ago and we did not reach an agreement. Some ports got modified to install into ${prefix}/www/${name} at that time because that seemed to make sense to me. I don't see what purpose adding an additional "html" directory serves.

having the additional /html/ makes it possible to have additional
directories in a consistent way eg :
    www
        postfixadmin
            html
            php-sessions
            php-includes
            php-tmp
            mysql55

> If standardization is a goal, creating a portgroup might be useful.

Creating a PortGroup is at present _possibly_ a little beyond me ;-)
But I can see the advantages as a lot of definitions and tests are the
same for all www websites.

:-)
--
Bjarne D Mathiesen