[93767] trunk/dports/python/py-spyder

Eric A. Borisch eborisch at macports.org
Wed May 30 14:45:46 PDT 2012

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 12:45 PM, Jeremy Lavergne
<jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org> wrote:
>> py-spyder: Upgrade to 2.1.10; Move user preferences dir from ~/.spyder2 to ~/.spyder2-NN to make -26 and -27 flavors coexist nicely.
>
> This makes me uneasy. Everyone's preferences are now broken, and will be every time they upgrade.
>
> Are multiple versions of py-spyder typically installed concurrently?

They won't be changed every time they upgrade; python27 will point to
~/.spyder2-27, and 26 to ~/.spyder2-26

If people installed both (for testing codes with 26 and 27, for
example) previously, both would run only one (26 or 27, depending on
which made the preference files) python in the interactive
interpreters... This seems worse than having two preference
directories.

 -Eric
--
Eric A. Borisch