qt4-mac and qt4-x11

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Nov 23 14:24:30 PST 2012

On Nov 23, 2012, at 16:01, Rainer Müller wrote:

> In this case, 10.5 PPC is a version of Mac OS X that is not officially
> supported by MacPorts for quite a few years, so I would not invest the
> time to prepare new ports for such an old version.

But it is the last version of OS X for PowerPCs, so there is some value in trying a little bit to keep important libraries compatible with it. It's why I haven't updated pango to 1.32.x yet, since pango now needs harfbuzz, and harfbuzz doesn't currently like the gcc-4.0 default compiler on Tiger or Leopard.