Standalone Darwin (was: Re: 100,000th commit)

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sat Nov 24 09:52:17 PST 2012

On 2012-11-24 10:00, vincent habchi wrote:
> BTW, and totally unrelated: by chance, would you know someone more or
> less versed in getting a xnu environment running? I’m looking to
> upgrade my G5 server to Snow Leopard, which happens to be available
> for PPC, but only

I am not sure what you are after but for running a non-OS-X version of
Darwin get in contact with the developers of PureDarwin, which is a
project with the goal to create an open distribution of the Darwin
kernel and BSD userland. Recently they released a new beta of their work
[1].

Although I have no idea what kind of real hardware platforms are
supported besides running the image in a virtual machine.

Website: http://puredarwin.org
IRC: #puredarwin on FreeNode

Rainer

[1] https://groups.google.com/d/msg/puredarwin/72stXsTqVCo/7ZA9wOoy8hMJ