KMyMoney4 +no_gtk +no_x11 fails because gtk is installed anyway and more...

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Thu Oct 4 15:27:13 PDT 2012

> I've agreed before that we should do this split, in favor of having variants. I agree it'll be a major pain to do.
>
> The goal would be to have the quartz and x11 subports simultaneously installable.
>
> But at that point, does anything speak against just making pango/cairo/gtk2 always install both quartz and x11 parts and just get rid of the variants? Is that even possible?

Other than avoiding the x11 dependency tree...

I'm not sure if a package somewhere requires -quartz or -x11.

Some ports catch my eye (their patchfile names):
 * py-enable: no-64-bit-quartz.diff
 * qjackctl: patch-configure-no-x11.diff
 * gecko-sharp2
 * aalib

It might also defeat the purpose of some x11 subports:
 * freeciv/freeciv-x11

Also several ports have a default_variants for -x11:
 * giflib
 * openvrml
 * pspp-devel

And of course, all the packages with their own x11 variants to help guide the dependency tree to use x11.