wxWidgets situation

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 06:19:39 PDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 5:19 AM, Wahlstedt Jyrki wrote:

> This has been discussed a bit lately,

It was, but I wasn't satisfied with the answers.

We could for example make gnuplot depend on wxWidget30 only, but there
is one serious issue: the port shares the same files with wxWidgets
and wxWidgets-devel (there are only two files, so it would be doable
to resolve the situation), so if someone installs a port that depends
on wxWidgets, there is currently no way to have another port installed
which depends on wxWidgets30.

Most programs out there look for wx-config binary (which is also the
conflicting file, but it is only a symlink to a different file), but
in most cases it is possible to use
    --with-wx-config=/path/to/wx-config