[97657] trunk/dports/lang

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Fri Sep 14 02:41:30 PDT 2012

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 12:45:38AM -0700, Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia wrote:
> Yep, so we're going to need to revbump those ports.

Yeah, but I wasn't worried about that so much... it's more that if
someone installed the gcc45 port and used it to compile something
outside of MacPorts, the resulting binary may now be broken.

> This onion just keeps getting bigger and bigger.  If I knew how deep this libstdc++ issue was going to go, I would've left well enough broken ... =/  Oh well, at least things will be in a better state when this is all over with.

Yeah. :-/

If I'd noticed before that you were planning on doing this, I would've
warned you about this and probably scared you off. That said, there
were clearly problems with the old setup and I'm glad someone is doing
something about it!

> Hopefully a revbump of relevant ports was done after gcc46 dropped --enable-fully-dynamic-string, so we can just mine a followup commit from that change for a list of ports to bump.

Unfortunately, we didn't (as far as I know). gcc46 was failing to build
on at least one platform, and unlike gcc45 it wasn't the default for
building other ports, so it wasn't necessary then.

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports                UW CSE                http://drkp.net/