supported_archs noarch & +universal

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Mon Sep 17 11:14:30 PDT 2012

On Sep 17, 2012, at 9:22 AM, Joshua Root wrote:

> On 2012-9-18 01:56 , Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
>> Is "supported_archs noarch" and "+universal" mutually exclusive?
>
> Yes, or at least it makes no sense to define a universal variant for a
> noarch port.
>
>> Should the automatic "+universal" variant be excluded by "supported_archs noarch"?
>
> Yes, it is (for any supported_archs list with only one entry, in fact).

Josh, thank you very much for heading me away from a wrong direction.

Archcheck and muniversal portgroups were being picked up by a subport and appearantly setting "supported_archs noarch" in the subport was overridden somewhere.

Moving the portgroups to a better location solved my problem.

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)