Webkit-gtk3 or webkit-gtk-devel?s

Eric Gregory eric at yorba.org
Thu Apr 4 12:42:17 PDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 3:01 PM, Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia <
jeremyhu at macports.org> wrote:

> You could submit a patch for the Portfile.  I don't use gtk3 so I haven't
> even tried to build webkit-gtk for gtk3. =).  That's more or less the same
> story for the +quartz variant of webkit-gtk…
>
> On a related note, if you try using gtk3 with webkit-gtk, I think you
> should also try --enable-webkit2 if it's not on by default.  I seem to
> recall that it required gtk3.

Some good news: just by changing the portfile to require Gtk3 and setting
WebKitGtk to build with Gtk3 was all it took.  It built perfectly fine and
our app is now up and running.  I can send a patch if you like, but it's
literally a two character change.

That said, I didn't try enabling the new webkit2 as I'm not using it.  But
from the other thread it sounds like that may be packaged separately anyhow.

 - Eric