Webkit-gtk3 or webkit-gtk-devel?s

Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia jeremyhu at macports.org
Wed Apr 3 15:01:10 PDT 2013

On Apr 3, 2013, at 2:04 PM, Eric Gregory <eric at yorba.org> wrote:

> Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia <jeremyhu at ...> writes:
>
>> I don't like the idea of +introspection variants.
>>
>> I'm on the fence between subport and variant for gtk3.  Thoughts?
>

> I'm really glad to see this is making some traction!  I'm a developer
> working on a Linux email client that relies on WebKitGtk3, and we would love
> to be able to get into Mac Ports.
>
> GObject Introspection is good to see as well, since we're relying on that
> for Vala bindings.
>
> How far is this away from completion?  Is there anything I can do to help?

You could submit a patch for the Portfile.  I don't use gtk3 so I haven't even tried to build webkit-gtk for gtk3. =).  That's more or less the same story for the +quartz variant of webkit-gtk…

On a related note, if you try using gtk3 with webkit-gtk, I think you should also try --enable-webkit2 if it's not on by default.  I seem to recall that it required gtk3.

--Jeremy