macports-dev Digest, Vol 80, Issue 18

Leo Singer aronnax at macports.org
Fri Apr 12 13:25:37 PDT 2013

On Apr 12, 2013, at 12:00 PM, macports-dev-request at lists.macosforge.org wrote:

> From: Dennis van Dok <dennisvd at nikhef.nl>
> Subject: should I try adding globus toolkit ports?
> Date: April 12, 2013 4:05:28 AM PDT
> To: macports-dev at lists.macosforge.org
>

> Hi,
>
> I've recently worked on creating ports for a selection of the Globus
> Toolkit, especially the clients.
>
> The work contains about 36 individual ports.
>
> I would like it if this work became part of the standard macport
> distribution, but before I file 36 tickets for each of the ports I'd
> like some feedback from the developers if they think this is a good idea
> and has the chance of making it into the distribution.
>
> For review, my work can be found on github:
>
> https://github.com/dvandok/globus-macports
>

> Thanks,
>
> Dennis
> --
> D.H. van Dok :: Software Engineer :: www.nikhef.nl/grid ::
> Phone +31 20 592 22 28 :: http://www.nikhef.nl/~dennisvd/

Hi Dennis,

I am soon going to commit a port of HTCondor (http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/), but it lacks Condor's globus support because there is no MacPorts port of Globus. I haven't looked at your work on GitHub, but I would really appreciate having Globus in MacPorts.

Adam (cc'd), you maintain Mac OS Globus binaries for the LIGO project. What do you think about this?

Leo