Please review first draft of Fossick - a MacPorts GUI

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Apr 20 14:33:11 PDT 2013

On Apr 20, 2013, at 03:54, Ian Wadham wrote:

>   b. The GUI - how it works, ease of use, etc.

All three panes are empty; I can't figure out how to make it do anything.

>   d. Backwards compatibilty - in theory Xcode 4.6 can build for earlier versions of
>       OS X than 10.7 Lion and 10.8 Mountain Lion, but I have no idea how that works
>       out in practice and documentation seems to be vague to non-existent.

I wouldn't bother with more backward compatibility than that. If I were writing a Mac app today, I would want to use automatic reference counting, which works somewhat on Snow Leopard and fully on Lion and later. I don't know Xcode 4.6 well enough to be able to determine if you're using ARC in Fossick or not but I assume you are.