[108691] trunk/dports/www/serf1

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Thu Aug 1 22:47:48 PDT 2013

On 8/1/13 10:43 PM, Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia wrote:

> On Aug 1, 2013, at 21:24, Blair Zajac<blair at orcaware.com>  wrote:
>> I'm ignoring the fact in my question that libserf-1.0.dylib was renamed to libserf-1.dylib which required a rebuild.
>
> Yeah, the revbump took care of that, but the rebuild failed.  What was the reason for renaming the dylib?

The new scons build did this.  I mentioned it upstream, which didn't
respond within a day or two, so I decided to just rebuild the
dependencies, which are only svn, instead of fighting scons.

>> Out of curiosity, why do people care about universal builds?  So they can rsync a build to another platform?  Just trying to understand the ramifications of this change.
>
> Some ports only support one architecture or the other, so some ports need to be universal.
>
> Some people build +universal just to make sure the build doesn't break in other archs.

If I'm only on PowerPC only have a single arch, then adding +universal
would catch issues like this one, even though I'm only on a single arch?
  It wouldn't hurt me on compile times, would it?  So that sounds like a
good idea for me.

Blair