compiler.blacklist ignored on snow leopard

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Aug 5 17:10:19 PDT 2013

On Aug 5, 2013, at 18:50, Mark Moll wrote:

> In the ompl port I noticed that *gcc-4.2 and older don’t compile certain Boost Graph library constructs used by OMPL. I tried to fix this by adding this line to the Portfile:
>
> 	compiler.blacklist  llvm-gcc-4.2 apple-gcc-4.2 apple-gcc-4.0 gcc-4.2 gcc-4.0 gcc-3.3
>
> But if you look at the build log for the Snow Leopard build slave you’ll see that it is still using /usr/bin/llvm-g++-4.2:
>
> 	https://build.macports.org/builders/buildports-snowleopard-x86_64/builds/19334
>
> Do I explicitly need to specify a compiler for Snow Leopard?

The very old version of clang included with Xcode on Snow Leopard only includes a C compiler; it does not include a C++ compiler. Therefore if C++ code needs to be compiled, MacPorts chooses to use the llvm-g++-4.2 compiler in that case. If that's not suitable for ompl, blacklist old versions of clang using the compiler_blacklist_versions portgroup.