error on build through MacPorts but not on manual build (pkg-config problem?)

Davide Liessi dali43 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 16:37:53 PDT 2013

2013/8/15 Clemens Lang <cal at macports.org>:
>> So, the new question is: should I care about it? If so, how can I
>> solve the problem?
>
> First, trace mode is currently not reliable in any of the released
> versions. Even though it did see a number of fixes in 2.2, the version
> in 2.2 still has a number of problems, like crashing multi-threaded
> programs. If you're running trunk you should have a reasonable stable
> trace mode, though.
>
> If you're on trunk, this usually means the package you're trying to
> build does not correctly specify all of its dependencies. A missing
> build dependency on pkgconfig often causes problems like this.

I added pkgconfig as build dependency: the warning about poppler-qt4
version disappeared and the missing compiler options appeared, but the
build still failed with the same errors as before.

I'm on 2.2, but maybe next days I'll try with trunk.
I'll let you know what will happen.

Thanks.
Best wishes.
Davide Liessi