dmg/mdmg (Was Re: removal suggestion: port rpm)

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Tue Aug 20 06:40:45 PDT 2013

The big selling point on getting rid of dmg/mdmg is they're no longer necessary since we have flat file pkg installers now. However, Leopard still uses them (due to default of non-flat pkg).

Base will default to non-flat installers below 10.6 still. Under src/package1.0:54:
default package.flat     {[expr [vercmp $macosx_deployment_target 10.6] >= 0]}

If we can figure out why that is, then we can fix them on Leopard and axe dmg/mdmg.