Different buildbot speeds

Sean Farley sean at macports.org
Sun Aug 25 13:59:59 PDT 2013

On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 1:20 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
> For example, on the snowleopard buildbot, building the php55 subport:
>
> DEBUG: build phase started at Thu Aug 22 21:30:32 PDT 2013
>
> DEBUG: destroot phase started at Thu Aug 22 21:31:29 PDT 2013
>
> The build phase took about a minute, with 8 make jobs. That about matches my MacBook Pro.
>

> But on the mtln buildbot:
>
> DEBUG: build phase started at Thu Aug 22 21:33:34 PDT 2013
>
> DEBUG: destroot phase started at Thu Aug 22 21:56:58 PDT 2013
>
> That took over 23 minutes. Way too log.
>

> Are there some runaway processes on the lion and mtln buildbots using up the CPU?

You do realize all the buildbots are virtual machines and therefore
you have to look at what the other buildbots were doing between Aug 22
21:33:34 PDT 2013 - Aug 22 21:56:58 PDT 2013, right? My first thought
would be some kind of file i/o locking but that's just a shot in the
dark.

Or did something change that I'm not aware of? This issue also came up
while building pypy, if I recall correctly.