wxWidgets

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Thu Aug 29 11:16:32 PDT 2013

On 2013-8-30 02:34 , Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Ad 3: I'm aware since today, but I didn't have the time to look into it.
> A workaround is to create the folders manually, but it is not clear to
> me if it should be one of the wx ports or the macports core that should
> creats empty folders before "port select" creates symlinks.

This is in response to this, right?

> 3* % sudo port select wxWidgets wxPython-3.0
> Password:
> Selecting 'wxPython-3.0' for 'wxWidgets' failed: could not create new
> link "/opt/local/bin/wx-config": target
> "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/wxWidgets.framework/Versions/wxPython/2.9/bin/wx-config"
> doesn't exist

If so, I don't get it. Is wx-config meant to be a directory? If so, why
is a link to it going into ${prefix}/bin?

On the face of it, it looks like either the select file contains the
wrong target or the port forgot to install
${frameworks_dir}/wxWidgets.framework/Versions/wxPython/2.9/bin/wx-config.

- Josh