[110275] trunk/dports/devel/codeblocks/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Aug 29 11:34:43 PDT 2013

On Aug 29, 2013, at 09:26, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 4:06 PM, Frank Schima wrote:
>> Hi Mojca,
>>
>> +depends_build       path:bin/pkg-config:pkgconfig
>>
>> I'm curious why you are using this construct. There is only one pkgconfig
>> port, so why are you using a path dependency?
>
> I don't know. I saw that in many other ports and thought that probably
> other ports might know it better (maybe there used to be a development
> version of pkgconfig in past?).
>
> Feel free to do a mass replacement in the whole repository (these
> recent changes are not the only ones where I used this).

I used that construct for the pkgconfig dependency in a few ports, back when I thought it was good future-proofing to use that style for all dependencies. But some might think it makes the portfile harder to read, and it offers no advantage if there's only the one port. There just hadn't been any pressing need for me to change them back to port:-style.