C++11 on Mountain Lion and lower?

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Wed Dec 4 03:08:04 PST 2013

On Wed, Dec 04, 2013 at 10:00:48AM +0000, Chris Jones wrote:
> In fact, its the only C++ runtime in 10.9.

That's incorrect. 10.9 still has the same libstdc++ runtime that
previous versions of OS X had. In fact, you can still use the old
runtime (and some of our ports do, because they fail with libc++) by
passing -stdlib=libstdc++ to the compiler.

> On OSX [Mavericks] Macports explicitly links using the libc++ runtime,
> where as on older releases it

That's correct, because the default of the clang compiler changed in
10.9. It is also correct on trunk, because trunk explicitly adds a
-stdlib=$configure.cxx_runtime flag to CXXFLAGS.

--
Clemens Lang