[102552] trunk/dports/_resources/port1.0/group/active_variants-1.1.tcl

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Mon Feb 4 13:24:28 PST 2013

On Mon, Feb 04, 2013 at 03:09:52PM -0600, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> A user could change the variants between configure and build.

No, he can't without cleaning:

$> port cd nginx && sudo port configure -- +flv && sudo port build -- +dav
--->  Computing dependencies for nginx
--->  Fetching distfiles for nginx
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for nginx
--->  Extracting nginx
--->  Applying patches to nginx
--->  Configuring nginx
Error: Requested variants "+dav" do not match original selection "+flv".
Please use the same variants again, perform 'port clean nginx' or specify the force option (-f).
To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
    http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
Error: Processing of port nginx failed

> Especially, a user might begin a build, then interrupt it, then later come
> back to it, after perhaps having changed other ports' variants.

Yes, but as I previously a user could also have changed other ports'
versions meanwhile, which could cause similar failures and we also don't
check for that.

--
Clemens Lang