[103463] trunk/dports/aqua/nomacs

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Feb 27 05:48:55 PST 2013

On Feb 27, 2013, at 07:41, Petr Vaněk wrote:

> On 2/27/13 6:22 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>> Is there a reason not to use the source tarball?
>
> there is one. The Nomacs team is quite Windows based and their
> tarballs are in different structure every release while git tree
> remains the same.

That's unfortunate, but if possible, please use the tarball instead of fetching from git, for all the usual reasons: we can mirror tarballs, and they are cached on user machines too.

>> Have you investigated whether using the cmake portgroup might
>> simplify the port?
>
> Ah I see. I haven't found it in docs. I'll try to update the port
> (with the crash fix found in nomacs code).

It's not documented in the guide, but it has been around for years and is used by many ports, which you can look to for examples. Also, just read the portgroup itself to see what it does.