Strange failure on SL and ML buildslaves

Adam Mercer ramercer at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 00:10:21 PST 2013

Hi

After I recent commit:

<http://trac.macports.org/changeset/101018>

I recieved emails from buildbot regarding a failure on SL and ML:

<https://build.macports.org/builders/buildports-mtln-x86_64/builds/749>
<https://build.macports.org/builders/buildports-snowleopard-x86_64/builds/13434>

Looking through the logs this seems to be related to the following
error when building py27-matplotlib:

_RegisterApplication(), FAILED TO establish the default connection to
the WindowServer, _CGSDefaultConnection() is NULL.

To me this seems to be a problem with the buildslaves? The Lion
buildslave built the port without issue:

<https://build.macports.org/builders/buildports-lion-x86_64/builds/6922>

And I can build py27-matplotlib locally, so I am tending to believe
that this isn't a problem with the port itself? Has anyone got any
insight into why SL and ML failed but Lion succeeded?

Cheers

Adam