Checksum in statefile (was: Re: [101027] trunk/dports/graphics/libwmf/files/configure.ac.diff)

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu Jan 3 15:54:26 PST 2013

On 2013-01-03 09:45, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> When you make a change to a patchfile that will fix a build problem, you should simultaneously make some change to the Portfile as well (any change: could just be a whitespace change) so that any users who had a failed configuration attempt because of the patchfile will have their work directories automatically cleaned after they selfupdate and try again. (MacPorts checks timestamps (or in trunk: checksums) of Portfiles only, not of patchfiles, to decide whether to autoclean.)

Hm, I was unaware of this problem until now. Should we calculate the
checksum over all the files in the port directory to remove the need for
such a pointless change?

At that point we don't know yet which patchfiles are actually referenced
in the Portfile. We can only assume that all files in the port directory
influence the build process somehow and any change to a file should lead
to dropping an unfinished build.

Rainer