[101167] trunk/dports/python/py-cssselect/Portfile

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Sat Jan 5 14:08:01 PST 2013

On Jan 5, 2013, at 4:35 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> Yeah, there's a lot of ports where distribute has been listed as a lib dependency. Is that ever correct? Or should it always be a build dependency?

I'm not sure it's ever correct, in the sense that I don't think anything *links* to distribute. But some ports seem to require it at runtime. (At least one of the modules I maintain broke when I tried importing it after uninstalling distribute.)

As you've asked before[1], should "depends_lib" be used if no linking happens?

    [1] http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-dev/2012-December/021320.html

vq