Unified Python portgroup

Freek Dijkstra software at macfreek.nl
Thu Jan 10 00:57:20 PST 2013

Hi all,

Is there any documentation for the unified Python portgroup? The guide
does not yet mention it, and searching the mailing list only resulted in
one thread.

I submitted a Portfile for py27-pdfrw, and was asked to modify it to use
the unified python 1.0 portgroup. I'm happy to do so, but when I tried I
got the following error:

> [root at lampje] Code/macports/py-pdfrw# port -d install
> DEBUG: Copying /Users/freek/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dt.Xcode.plist to /opt/local/var/macports/home/Library/Preferences
> DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /Users/freek/Code/macports/py-pdfrw
> DEBUG: OS darwin/11.4.2 (Mac OS X 10.7) arch i386
> [...]
> DEBUG: Searching for dependency: py27-pdfrw
> DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: py27-pdfrw
> Error: Dependency 'py27-pdfrw' not found.

The Portgroup can be found at
http://trac.macports.org/attachment/ticket/37570/Portfile-unified-attempt

I have the distinct feeling I'm overlooking something really obvious here.

If anyone cares to point me at my silliness, I surely appreciate that :)

Thanks,
Freek