Unified Python portgroup

Aljaž Srebrnič g5pw at macports.org
Thu Jan 10 06:23:21 PST 2013

On 10/gen/2013, at 09:57, Freek Dijkstra <software at macfreek.nl> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is there any documentation for the unified Python portgroup? The guide
> does not yet mention it, and searching the mailing list only resulted in
> one thread.

I don't think there's a guide other than peering through the portgroup, located (usually) in ${prefix}/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/dports/_resources/port1.0/group/

> I submitted a Portfile for py27-pdfrw, and was asked to modify it to use
> the unified python 1.0 portgroup. I'm happy to do so, but when I tried I
> got the following error:
>
>> [root at lampje] Code/macports/py-pdfrw# port -d install
>> DEBUG: Copying /Users/freek/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dt.Xcode.plist to /opt/local/var/macports/home/Library/Preferences
>> DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /Users/freek/Code/macports/py-pdfrw
>> DEBUG: OS darwin/11.4.2 (Mac OS X 10.7) arch i386
>> [...]
>> DEBUG: Searching for dependency: py27-pdfrw
>> DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: py27-pdfrw
>> Error: Dependency 'py27-pdfrw' not found.

That is actually not a bug! You're trying to install it directly from the directory, which is equivalent to running `port -d install py-pdfrw`. Now, since you didn't provide a py24-* subport, the behaviour defined in the python portgroup for running install without specifying a version (as opposed to specifying it, like `port install py26-pdfrw`) is to specify a dependency on the 27 version of the port (py27-pdfrw).

Since you run it from the directory I think you either don't have another port index or it is not updated, so MacPorts doesn't know where to find py27-pdfrw!

> The Portgroup can be found at
> http://trac.macports.org/attachment/ticket/37570/Portfile-unified-attempt
>
> I have the distinct feeling I'm overlooking something really obvious here.
>
> If anyone cares to point me at my silliness, I surely appreciate that :)
>
> Thanks,
> Freek

Aljaž Srebrnič a.k.a g5pw
My public key:  http://bit.ly/g5pw_pubkey