mass rebuild for tcl/tk 8.6

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.med.uc.edu
Fri Jan 11 06:25:12 PST 2013

   I don't recall seeing a discussion in macports-dev regarding the transition
from the tcl/tk 8.5 to 8.6 series. Also are there any plans for a coordinated
rebuild of all of the packages that require tcl or tk? Do we know of any linux
distributions which have migrated to the new tcl/tk release yet? We should try
to identify one if possible in order to avoid duplicating efforts in porting
packages to the new tcl/tk.
         Jack
ps So far the main blocker in my packages is ccpnmr. It rebuilds without error
under the new tcl/tk but crashes with an X windows rendering error (which I'll
have to repost later). However I am unclear if this bug is in tcl/tk or due to
recent mesa changes. The ccpnmr crash in the analysis program only occurs when
a NMR spectrum is displayed.