Crazy trac port webpage idea

Mark Duling mark.duling at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 15:06:06 PST 2013

Hello all,

Here's a crazy idea that occurred to me.  Would it be feasible or make
sense to make the notes section of Portfiles directly accessible via a link
on the trace webpage with an html tag?  In other words, the link would take
you to the top of the notes section such as
http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/net/cacti/notes or some such?
It may seem silly since all you have to do is scroll to the bottom on the
webpage, but if you want to refer to the instructions to someone who
doesn't have macports installed yet it is less off-putting to say "yeah
here's the link to the instructions" where a person will immediately see
TCL code.

It might seem silly, and may be, but it would be a webified thing similar
to the 'port cacti notes' we have, which is merely an alternative to 'port
cat cacti' and scanning the screen for the notes section of the Portfile.
 I have no idea what it would take or if anyone else would be interested in
that, so if there is no interest no worries.

Mark