Build server request: patch for use_dmg support

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Mon Jan 14 15:19:09 PST 2013

On Jan 14, 2013, at 6:06 PM, William Siegrist <wsiegrist at apple.com> wrote:
> I don't think we want to have a mix of patches applied to the buildbots, since it makes reproducing problems harder. It might be useful to have the base builder install the result of each build such that the ports builder will use it (so the ports builder effectively uses trunk), but that probably introduces its own support burden too.

I think it makes sense for the ports builder to run the latest release. If there are patches that we really want the ports builder to use - then they're also things we really want every other macports user to use (probably) and so should be pushed out to everyone with a release anyway...
--
Daniel J. Luke