International Ticket-closing day

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Jan 16 15:55:16 PST 2013

On Jan 16, 2013, at 17:52, Joshua Root wrote:

>> I'm still kind of in favor of using subports for Quartz vs X11. It'd just be a lot of work.
>
> In the case of gtk2 and dependents, quartz and x11 are mutually
> exclusive, so you can't install both at once either way.

Subports would solve the problem by having, say, a gtk2-x11 subport install x11 files in one place, and gtk2-quartz install quartz files in another place.

Most often I've seen ports that use gtk2 that assume it uses x11. This way, those ports could depend on gtk2-x11, while still allowing the user to install and use gtk2-quartz if that's what they normally prefer.