Automated fix for automake 1.13 changes

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sun Jan 20 21:54:03 PST 2013

On 2013-1-21 15:31 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Jan 20, 2013, at 18:04, Joshua Root wrote:

>>> That's good to hear! In that case I'm much happier to just wait for 1.13.2.
>>
>> Sounds good to me. We still need to patch the affected ports where a new
>> upstream release isn't likely to come soon (or ever), but this gives us
>> some breathing room. For the rest we can just refer the problem upstream.
>
> If the macros which were removed in 1.13.0 are reinstated in 1.13.2, then we don't need to spend our time making these changes anymore, since it will once again work without them like it did before 1.13.0, and we can go back to making changes that actually make a difference for MacPorts.

I got the impression they're not coming back forever, they're just going
to have a reasonable period where they print a deprecation warning but
still work, like should have happened in the first place.

That may end up being years for all I know, but as I said above, we
still have to patch anything that isn't fixed upstream in that time.

- Josh