Ports depending on mpich2: move to mpich

Eric A. Borisch eborisch at macports.org
Fri Jan 25 13:29:19 PST 2013

The MPICH project has named version 3 of the software as MPICH v3.0 (rather
than continuing on MPICH2 to become MPICH3.) The mpich[-devel] port has
been moved (r100087) to this up-to-date version.

At this time, I'm ready to move all ports that depend on MPICH2 to MPICH
(v3), as well as to mark MPICH2 as replaced_by MPICH. (These two steps
could be done separately -- suggestions on if this should be an atomic
change, or two changes -- and in which order?)

I have attached a patch that does just that, and have copied all portfile
owners associated on the ticket https://trac.macports.org/ticket/37785 with
the diff attached.

I plan to apply the patch next week unless there are concerns raised.
Thanks,
 Eric
--
Eric A. Borisch