Request for help with port organisation: how to install several versions of data files

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Tue Jul 2 10:10:39 PDT 2013

On Jul 2, 2013, at 10:03 AM, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:

> On Jul 1, 2013, at 5:40 PM, Bradley Giesbrecht <pixilla at macports.org> wrote:
>
>> How about something like this?
>
>> foreach {data.name data.version data.md5} ${geant.data_versions} {
>>
>>   subport ${name}-${data.name}-${data.version} {
>>
>>       version             ${data.version}
>>       description         ${data.name} v${data.version} data files for Geant4
>>       long_description    ${description}
>>       distfiles           G4${data.name}.${data.version}${extract.suffix}
>>       checksums           md5 ${data.md5}
>>       distname            ${data.name}${data.version}
>>       extract.dir         ${destroot}${prefix}/share/Geant4/Data
>>       pre-extract {
>>
>>           xinstall -m 755 -d ${destroot}${prefix}/share/Geant4/Data
>>       }
>
> It's a little weird to put stuff into ${destroot} during extract. I certainly do not expect "port extract" to create the destroot.

Yes, it is not common though they are simply data files, no configure, make or make install; so I understand why Mojca questions the need to copy large data sets around.

One could set "extract {}", let destroot make directories and code the extraction. I thought making use of port extract was a nicer way.

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)