Creating $prefix/bin/foo and Foo.app at the same time

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Tue Jul 16 11:27:20 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 8:14 PM, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
> My approach was to have the /Application bundle to launch the command line program. This is fairly automated thanks to Ryan.
>
> Check out the app PortGroup:
> http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/_resources/port1.0/group/app-1.0.tcl
>
> Here's how I use it in pspp-devel:
> http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/math/pspp-devel/Portfile#L120

Wow, amazing! It even converts the png to icns file automatically!

I'm really glad that I didn't start working on this before you made me
aware of the app PortGroup.

So (for) now my only question remains: how can I play with this
without the need to recompile the whole application each time when I
make a tiny change in the Portfile?

Mojca