Proper dependencies for "x11"

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Mon Jul 22 06:59:03 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 11:09 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Jul 22, 2013, at 02:32, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> (Since this is not really an issue for anyone yet, maybe I should just
>> wait for the official release of 2.2 and make the changes then. But I
>> still need to know what I need to reinstall then.)
>
> There's no time like the present. Fix things now! :)

You know ... I'm in fact waiting for
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/39550 to be committed. If I change
anything in gnuplot today, I'll also need to regenerate all the
patchfiles ;)

But a way more serious issue are those d...n wxWidgets. I wanted to
test a few patches yesterday, only to figure out that I'm not able to
compile version 2.8 any more due to a recent Xcode upgrade. This is
the issue that *REALLY* needs to be addressed, asap:
- https://trac.macports.org/ticket/38375 Ports depending on wxWidgets*
should either use path-style dependencies or variants instead
- https://trac.macports.org/ticket/39807 wxWidgets: allow side-by-side
installation of 2.8 and 2.9
- https://trac.macports.org/ticket/39806 wxWidgets-devel: update to 2.9.5
- https://trac.macports.org/ticket/37819 wxWidgets should be removed /
replaced_by wxWidgets30
- https://trac.macports.org/ticket/39786 wxWidgets @2.9.5 universal build fails
- https://trac.macports.org/ticket/26082 wxWidgets 2.6.4 failed to install

Not considering all the problems that come with re-installation of all
the MacPorts (installing a new beta, preventing ports being fetched
from buildbot ... and probably spending a day just to figure out what
a single port links against, without any visible benefit or
functionality improvement) ... I'm willing to do it, but I would be
grateful if someone who already went through this and knows what he's
doing would send me a list of linked libraries. If not, I would really
prefer to focus on fixing the wxWidgets and getting Geant4 & Gate
released first.

Mojca