Tool for automated cleaning of ${prefix}/var/distfiles

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Mon Jul 22 12:43:35 PDT 2013

This might be semantic points at the end of the day, but...

You installed binaries, not source code, so only the installed files are uninstalled. That is, source code is only used for building. If you needed the source code before, you will need it again if you go to install that version again. Historically, source code is kept unless you ask for it to be cleaned because bandwidth was/is harder to come by than drive space.