Geant4 & Gate: a new attempt & request for feedback

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jul 23 10:46:51 PDT 2013

On Jul 23, 2013, at 12:25, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 6:04 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>> On Jul 23, 2013, at 10:58, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>
>>> I don't know yet how to work with "port select".
>>
>> You can look at any port using the select portgroup as an example.
>
> Thank you, done, or at least I hope so
> (https://trac.macports.org/changeset/108461).
>
> Is this process documented anywhere? Should it be? (It is in fact
> relatively simple and a hello-world example could be added somewhere
> to the wiki or the guide.)

If it's not documented in the guide, it probably should be.

I doubt it's documented. Just try it out and see what happens. That's what I do; that's why I wrote this wrapper:

https://trac.macports.org/browser/users/ryandesign/scripts/vercmp

> I will probably face the same problem with Geant4
> transiting from 10.0.b01 -> 10.0 -> 10.0.p01 -> 10.0.p02 -> ... Maybe
> there's a trick to invent a version that will keep increasing ;)

Just use the project's version numbers, or as near as possible to them, and increase the epoch when vercmp doesn't realize one version should be thought of as greater than the other. That's what the epoch is for.