Compilation issue with qt

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Thu Jun 6 04:43:21 PDT 2013

The below looks correct from my reading of the Qt installed files. - MLD

On Jun 5, 2013, at 11:50 PM, Ian Wadham <iandw.au at gmail.com> wrote:
> From what I can gather, QT_NO_STL is intended for platforms where the standard C++ library (STL/std) is not available.

Not quite, though it can mean that too.  Even if the STL is available on
the host system, by setting "CONFIG -= stl; CONFIG += no_stl", at least
in theory you can avoid using the STL at least from within Qt's code.
This macro is not defined for most of the primary qconfig settings
("CONFIG += large"), but it is defined for the minimal or small ones
("CONFIG += small").  So, from within your project you can choose to use
QT_NO_STL or not.  I've never used this feature of Qt, so I have no idea
if it works nor how well it works.

At least for MacPorts' Qt4 install, STL is enabled by default:
${prefix}/share/qt4/mkspecs/qconfig.pri (installed with +debug)
{{{
CONFIG += def_files_disabled exceptions no_mocdepend debug stl
qt_framework
}}}

Note that these are not "QT_CONFIG". "CONFIG" is used for each specific
project, while "QT_CONFIG" is how QMake and Qt were built.